Shetland Worldwide Transport Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Shetland Worldwide Transport Forum

Welcome to Shetland Worldwide Transport's offsite forum, We are a company in the TruckingSim.com online browser game, with a loyal base of drivers.

Da Fish's Blog

Da Fish
    Da Fish
    Admin

Da Fish's Blog Empty Da Fish's Blog

Post  Da Fish

As with all things business, this has been another odd day. We lost Gazbunell, who left the company, but gained Rangerblue, all within hours of each other.

With the steel contract now more or less tied up, with one load to go, Nunrleft has decided to go and get that last load, but will he or Christopher Logie get it delivered first? You'll just have to wait and see ;oD

The rest of us are just sitting around waiting on the next contract, but I have a sneeking suspicion we should all be heading for Aarhus, but I didn't tell you that.

I got caught by the police the other day in my truck doing 91 in a 65mph zone, damn radar detector let me down for the first time, oh well hefty fine and 1 driver rating gone and a fatigue point down too, lesson learnt, silly boy.

Last edited by Da Fish on Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Share this post on: reddit

Da Fish

Post Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:26 pm  Da Fish

Well, I headed on the road to Helsinki this morning, it wasn't too bad, not really much to report, offloaded my milk then load up with seafood, must remember to wash down the truck when I get to Glasgow. Went through heavy snow at one point.
    Da Fish

Post Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:05 pm  Da Fish

Got into Glasgow today, and dropped off my load, and made for the truck stop to clean the smell of all that seafood off of the truck, mmmm, smells nice now, even got a magic tree ;oD Not far from Helsinki now, and had the obligitary Fog, which slowed me down, but not much else doing, I'll definately make it in before this milk goes sour. Now everybody in Finland can have their cornflakes or whatever in the morning!

I seem to be keeping on the right side of the law at the moment, so hopefully I'll manage to keep clear of fines. When I get into Helsinki, I'm gonna book into the best motel there is so I can have a swill and a nap, then I'll feel a lot fresher.
    Da Fish

Post Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:15 pm  Da Fish

Well, the company seems to have gone through a transformation of late, with Allday leaving a while back to go for an adventure to Australia, and Gillsy replacing him. Then our contracts manager, Beanski, has left to tour Australia too, and I see he's started up a company too, good on him!

Rangerblue seems to have gone AWOL of late, maybe tired of being on the road. But we have 2 new drivers onboard, REAPER1881 and JOHN CASINGENA, so our line up is back to the optimum 5 drivers for the lower bracket for contracts.

Here's to the new dawn of Shetland Transport, and I am looking forward to moulding our new truckers into lean mean trucking machines!!

I have a feeling we're going to get through contracts pretty fast again, with 100 contracts complete for the company this year!

On a further note, why is it when I blog on here, I'm always hauling seafood?!?!? what a smell!!! lol
    Da Fish

Post Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:53 am  Da Fish

Here we are again, I'm just over 2 years in the game now, and over 200DR, and the company has undergone a change of personell, which was needed after the game crashed and tons of drivers gave up on it ever being fixed, but when it did eventually get fixed, there were major problems with the contract system, which took even longer to fix!

But now we're back on track earning big bucks, and with a great crew onboard, I forsee a great future for the company, and we have great plans for it.
    Da Fish

Post Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:24 am  Da Fish

The company has undergone a re-branding process, so we have a new name, which might give you a hint as to our aspirations!

Still seem to be hauling loads of medical supplies to Poland, must have had some disaster there or something. And there's still a lot of gems to get delivered to Glasgow, so our work is cut out!

I'm thinking about a new truck of late, my old XF is starting to breakdown a lot lately, and I fancy a change. Might go for a Volvo next.
    Da Fish

Post Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:18 am  Da Fish

I've spent some of that cash and got myself a Volvo FH16, heavy haulage model by the looks of her! The old DAF XF was getting tired, too many rmf's happening. Here's hoping she's going to be a good reliable truck.

Hopefully get the company re-branded over the weekend, try and make it cool and Professional, we'll see lol.
    Da Fish

Post Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:13 am  Da Fish

Well, had to sell my truck a while back, and been lying low.

But moved over the pond and in a Western Star now (testing for the new game has begun!!), running between Edmonton, Canada and Detroit, Michigan at the moment with cranes because its paying pretty good per mile. Hoping to get the company up and running again, and looking forward to getting the old crew back together!
    Da Fish

Post Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:39 pm  Da Fish

Things are great at the moment, I'm doing contract runs, got me a brand new truck, Peterbilt 389.

The company is doing great too, loads of drivers and great friends being made.

Nothing much else to report, except trying to update our forum!

Post   Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 11:26 pm